This sweet afternoon cocktail makes the top of 2012 list over at SeriousEats.
- 2 oz London Dry Gin
- 3/4 oz Lime juice – fresh squeezed
- 3/4 oz Lemon juice – fresh squeezed
- 1 oz Simple syrup
- 10 Fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz Cold club soda
- 1 sprig mint
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add gin, lime, lemon, simple syrup, and mint leaves. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain into ice filled serving glass or mason jar, top with soda water. Garnish with mint sprig and serve immediately.
- Note: For simple syrup combine 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories per serving: 193